Monday, February 28, 2011
Forcing a blog post ...Live | View Comments | permalink
Jessa told me I needed to write a blog. She pointed out that this blog is suposed to be our blog and recently it has turned in to her blog. So I'm sitting with her now at her night audit shift with my laptop trying to figure out what to blog about. I like to come sit in the lounge and work while she is at work... it gets me out of the house, gives me a nice quiet place to work and lets us spend time together when we normally wouldn't be able to.
I've recently moved back up to Gainesville, why? That is a good question. There is really nothing about Gainesville as a location that has any redeeming qualities about it. It is one of, if not THE worst place to live in Florida during the summer. So really the only reason to live here (Gainesville) is the people. Jessa was living here and I had friends here from when I lived in Gainesville previously so it just made sense to move back.
So what about work? Well, I picked up a couple telecommute jobs. One if full-time out of San Francisco and the other is contract work out of London. Both are developing with Python and both are so far, going well. I'll probably do a more detailed post about what my typical work week looks like and maybe some tips on how to not let house life distract you from work time, for people interested in telecommuting.
Besides that, it has been just the usual routine. Jessa is still focusing on getting in to graduate school for Student Affairs. I've been working and trying to find the spare time to convert this site to HTML5/CSS3 and blogofile.
I don't know, I've been lacking motivation to actually sit down and write a blog post. I know, I suck. But since Jessa is forcing me to do this one it might trigger me to write some more this upcoming week. If not, expect to see another one at least by the end of next week when Jessa forces me to write another one.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Day 10 - What my lady wants my lady getsLive | View Comments | permalink
Still to come in the 30 Day Challenge…..11. A picture of something you hate 12. A picture of something you love 13. A picture of your favourite band or artist 14. A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without 15. A picture of something you want to do before you die 16. A picture of someone who inspires you 17. A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently 18. A picture of your biggest insecurity 19. A picture of you when you were little 20. A picture of somewhere you’d love to travel 21. A picture of something you wish you could forget 22. A picture of something you wish you were better at 23. A picture of your favorite book 24. A picture of something you wish you could change 25. A picture of your day 26. A picture of something that means a lot to you 27. A picture of yourself and a family member 28. A picture of something you're afraid of 29. A picture that can always make you smile 30. A picture of someone you miss
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Passion and InterviewsLearn | View Comments | permalink
I'm so excited to hit the ground running because being surrounded by these people every day is going to be an amazing experience.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Right now I am...Live | View Comments | permalink
Here are the 5 things I'm most grateful for today... in order of their affect on my life today. :)
- 1. My amazing boyfriend who made me delicious late night snacks and helped me with all of my UF Assistantship stuff until 4 in the morning. <3
- 2. My down comforter for a snuggly and sleepy morning.
- 3. This lady. She is Director of the Student Personnel in Higher Education Graduate Program - of which I filled out all of the paperwork and information way too late. She is making me feel so much better about that and helping me to participate fully. Will meet everyone tomorrow! And I already know that she ROCKS!
- 4. This stuff. Cause I was looking pretty gnarly in the hairs department and I've got good impressions to make tomorrow. :)
- 5. My Lab Rats. All the people who hang out at the lab during the slow times and sometimes stay here just to keep me company because it's slow and they don't want me to be alone. I'm particularly thankful for Bobbo today because it seems like the assholes are out today. The idiot people who are acting like they know everything - until I prove that I know more about anatomy than them or throw their own inane humor back at them and piss them off. UGH. I can't handle them right now. They're all stressing me out. As I type this there is some randomly super awkward girl trying to talk to me over the karaoke about the state of her sinuses. SRSLY!?
Bobbo is my savior right now.
Inspiration for this post derived from Earth Mama's Blog... but she's way sweeter than I am and the things she's grateful for seem nicer. :)
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Crafty Time!Create | View Comments | permalink
Next Page »